Taiko-EnTaiko-en Guide
Taiko-En Official Facebook page

Taiko-en Guide Light, water and greenery A true city oasis

the history of Taiko-en starts with the Amish ma residence situated beside Yodogawa River.The residence was constructed around 1908 by Denzaburo Fujita, a leading figure in the Kansai financial world in 1945 most of the houses (main building West wing and East wing) in the Amishima residence were des royed by war. Only the East wing remained now known as Yodogawa-tei, it evokes the romantic atmosphere of the Taisho period
It was opened as Taiko-en in 1959. The elegant garden and buildings earning praise from visitors have been recognized as a prest gious reception hall or as a place for international social interaction.
The Tsukiyama-shiki Kaiyu style garden (artificial hill and pond style garden) was built on the extensive grounds of 7000 tsubo (23142 square meters) and uses unusual or rare stones from Sho do island and Mount Ikoma around the garden.
Historic garden lanterns statues of Budd a and pagodas were also collected from all over the Japan in creating this garden
The garden expreaaes beau y throughout the year, together with its historic and distinguished buildings.
Taiko-en a city garden restaurant and haven of tranquility welcomes both domestic and international visitors always.

Garden Chapel Vent Vert
Serenity Terrace Zuishow
Geihinkan
Yodogawatei Japanese Restaurant
Ouen Guest House
Annex
Ouen Chapel kodou